I have some photos for a few of my ancestors who fought for the cause…
- Joseph Tremau Sippy came over with Comte d'Estaing's fleet and fought for the American cause. 1764 - 1819. He is buried in Westfield Presbyterian Cemetery, Mount Jackson, PA. No marker exists today.
- Amos Walton was with the Washington Co., PA militia. 1750-1827. He is buried in North Ten Mile Baptist Cemetery, Amity, Washington Co., PA.
- Zopher Ball was also with the Washington County PA militia. 1724 - 1803. He is buried in the Ball cemetery, Delaware Township, Mercer County, PA.
- William Ashley served in Captain Ebenezer Allen's company, Vermont Rangers (Green Mountain Boys), among other units. 1758 - 1828. He is buried in Ithaca Cemetery, Ithaca, Darke County, Ohio.
- Nehemiah Howe of Rutland VT. was with Ethan Allen at Ticonderoga. 1721 - 1777. He is buried at Ward Cemetery, Poultney, Rutland County, Vermont. No marker exists today.
Kindest regards, Robert J. Avery